Dedicated to FamilyMassachusetts Family Institute (MFI) was founded in 1991 with the mission of strengthening the family through advocacy and education. We invite you to join us in our public policy work on Beacon Hill and throughout the Commonwealth. Click below to sign up for our weekly updates where you will receive timely information on upcoming events, the latest pro-family news from the State House and Washington, and more. We are excited to spend 2012 with all of you--our supporters, our donors, our volunteers--because without you, the great work that we do on Beacon Hill and beyond would not be possible. Thank you for devotion and dedication over these last 21 years, and we look forward to continuing this partnership this year and for many more to come. Sign Up for the Commonwealth Update
Mission and Overview
Recognizing that healthy families are indispensable to the preservation of a strong and free society, the Massachusetts Family Institute (MFI) is dedicated to strengthening the family and affirming the Judeo-Christian values upon which it is based. Established in 1991, MFI is a non-partisan public policy organization dedicated to strengthening families in Massachusetts. MFI engages in research and education on a wide range of public policy issues to strengthen the well-being, health and safety of families – its individual members and the collective unit.
While many of the issues in which MFI engages are complex, we believe that the best solutions are found through a system of valuing the life and well being of every child, woman and man. To that end, we seek to reduce barriers that threaten family stability and to create a political and social environment where families can thrive and prosper.
MFI has been a proactive, public voice on a number of issues including:
- Educating families and children about the dangers of unsafe Internet use
- Preventing sexual abuse of children
- Enforcing statutory rape laws
- Strengthening, protecting, and preserving marriage between a man and a woman
- Restricting gambling within the Commonwealth
- Providing resources to help fathers meet the financial and emotional needs of their young families
- Educating children and adults on the spread of dangerous sexually transmitted diseases, and the benefits of sexual abstinence
MFI is an independent, not-for-profit organization and supported through the generosity of our contributors.